One-and-a-bit days of work left, then it’ll be time for a whole new year.
Time to get a quiet glass of wine (as opposed to a noisy one??) and break out the New Year Resolutions notebook.
Over the years, I’ve averaged about a 70% success rate on the 8-10 annual resolutions I make - though I’m thinking of making them easier for 2016.
So, rather than things like “write a novel”, “win a writing comp” etc, I might go for things like this instead:
- Wake up and get out of bed most days.
- Continue to never drink coffee.
- Have breakfast. Or lunch. Or both.
- Never leave the house without being fully dressed.
- Focus. On anything. Except when I’m asleep, then focus on nothing.
- Sleep a lot.