Saturday 24 October 2015

The long and winding weekend...

So, I didn't win Lotto (and I actually bought a ticket this time - just to increase my chances), but I don't care because I'm sitting outside drinking wine.

Besides, if I had've brought the winning ticket yesterday, what would've been different about this moment really?
- I'd be drinking champagne instead of Pinot Gris,
- It would've been served by a waiter (at home), so I wouldn't have to top up my own glass.
- Yep, that's about it.

As it is, me and my Pinot Gris are sitting here under the shade of the oak trees. I'm going to miss those leafy beasties when it's time to move out.  Still, as the saying goes, don't look at your glass of wine as half empty, look at it as half way to your next glass of wine.

On another topic - the rugby semi-final between the All Blacks and Springboks this morning was absolutely nerve-shattering!  Given the state I was in by the end of it, I don't like my chances of surviving the final. (I had a great plan yesterday - I spotted a house on the market boasting a full-on entertainment room with a home theatre system. I was going to ring up and make an appointment to view the property at 4am. Kickoff time.  Apparently, it wasn't appropriate to ask! Who makes these rules??)

But all in all, I can't complain - I'm enjoying a glass of wine, the All Blacks have progressed to the rugby world cup final, and it's a public holiday tomorrow. Some things, Lotto just can't buy.


No comments:

Post a Comment